Monday, November 8, 2010

Thoughts on Fondant

I've worked with fondant a few times. A few. It's really easy to work with (a lot easier than I had initially thought), and it makes things look soooo pretty...HOWEVER, let's be honest. Who really likes eating fondant? Do you know anyone who actually likes the stuff? I admit I didn't eat the fondant from our wedding cake. I didn't eat the fondant from the cakes and cupcakes I've made with fondant on them. BUT, I did eat the frosting UNDER the fondant. I ate the sweet butter creams and the smooth cream cheese frostings. Yum. And I'm not even a lover of frosting.

So, while I do understand the need for an aesthetically pleasing treat, I prefer to place the emphasis on the quality of the taste than the appearance. That doesn't mean I won't take an occasional order for something with fondant on it. ;)

Blue velvet cake for my son's baptism

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Someone needs to develop something that looks just as smooth but doesn't feel like a tube of old toothpaste in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete